Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Dragon at the Pool!!


I took Oliver to the pool the other day, and when we got there we found many other children much to Oliver's delight! Also there were a couple that lives in our apartment complex that we go to church with. So as I was sitting on the pool steps with Oliver getting him use to the water I was talking with this couple and Oliver was splashing around happily. Since there were so many kids at the pool, of course there were many pool toys and floating devices of all sorts. One in particular was a huge dragon blow up that you could get on, heck probably 5 kids could get on, it was huge! A while later we were out floating around in the pool and the husband of this couple brought the dragon over and Oliver seemed interested, so he bent the dragon's head down so that Oliver could see it/touch it. Yikes! Oliver flipped out and started to cry and I think almost climbed on top of my head to get away! It took me awhile to calm him down, and of course our friend felt really bad. It was surprising since Oliver has never reacted that way before. But later I was thinking about it and I guess it would be as if a life size dragon was craning its huge head down at me. I think I might have been a little scared as well. Luckily, we haven't had any dragon sitings since at the pool!

No comments: