Friday, April 18, 2008

Cutest Kid on Campus!


This one and the one below are the total money shots!! I finally got him to smile while I took a picture!





We went to visit Zack at school since he has been at school pretty much all day every day this week. And since the weather has been incredibly nice this week (FINALLY!!) we hung out on campus. I took a little ball for Oliver to play with, which then turned into many awkward situations. Mostly because he thinks everyone is his friend, or potential friend and that everyone wants to play with him. There were all sorts of students out on the grass enjoying the long awaited for nice weather and thus a virtual smorgusboard of choices for Oliver. I tried to head him off by pointing out things, trying to play catch with him myself, but it wouldn't do. And so there were many a "whap" or "thunk" as Oliver chucked his ball at some unsuspecting student in his attempt to play catch with them. Sometimes it fell short, but most the time hit the poor student somewhere, a few times on their head. A little awkward for me, but fortunately he is cute, and charms them into forgetting about it. Many a friend was made, let's just say he didn't inherit my shy genes.

6 comments:

llcall said...

very cute pics!

Jenn said...

Lol, I can totally relate to this. If Kate sees anyone outside--she wants to follow them wherever they go. Very awkward, indeed.

Very cute pics! Love his dimples! Does he actually like wearing a hat? He'll leave it on? Amazing!

Sarah said...

Well, I LOVE the "posing" shots. Maybe you can get his to earn a little extra money for you!

And- can totally relate to the campus story. Well, kinda- Amy tries to play with kids at the park, but as I've already told you, no one will play with her- or talk to me. I guess we aren't trying to play with college kids, but I still know what you mean.

chloe said...

So stinking cute. I think Oliver looks like your mom a little bit? Seriously darling. One of these days I'm going to come visit...when I'm rich.

KT said...

Hi Shannon! Hope the weather is getting better for you! I am always checking up on your blog to see how you all are doing. How much longer does Zack have? Have you already started to apply for jobs? What is next on your long journey :)
Kristin

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

oh Kristin, that's funny. Looking for jobs! Ha ha ha In my dreams! No, Zack just finished his 1st year of PHD school and there are 3 to go. That is assuming he gets all his stuff done in the next 3 yrs. Otherwise then he continues on to do a "post-doc" which I didn't even know exsisted. Anyway, we will be here for awhile. Sigh.