Saturday, August 18, 2007

Yes, Oliver is now a walking man!



Oliver has been walking for awhile now as a little wobbly drunken sailor, but he's getting better everyday!! His favorite thing to do at night now after his bath is to run the length of the house, back and forth and back and forth. He get going pretty fast and then he gets too excited and he biffs it all over, but he picks himself up and marches on. He loves to be chased too! I'm working on getting him to chase me!(I'll try and get some video of that.) On a side note, ignore the fact that our garbage is overflowing, we normally aren't that bad! I will also point out that this luxurious space is our kitchen. Yes, our kitchen, it is narrow, small, half the cupboards don't close, and there is a reason the drawers are open in the video- you have to be The Incredible Hulk to get them back open if you ever manage to get them shut. Not to mention that the bottom cupboards are filthy and had mouse droppings in them and who knows what else. (Don't worry, we aren't using them at all.) When are we moving? I hope soon! The "charm" of an old place gets less charming by the minute.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh! Both those videos are so cute. I love seeing him walk. I can't believe it. Is he saying any words yet?

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

Not yet. I think sometimes he tries to "bark" like a dog. But sure does jabber a lot.

chloe said...

Adorable baby! And, while the charm may not be quite so charming, I do love those hardwood floors.

Sarah said...

Such a big boy! I can't believe that is your kitchen! I bet you can't wait to move! He's walking SO good! Wish we were there to see it!

Megan and John said...

Can I just tell you that Oliver is absolutely adorable?? His drunken sailor walk is quite effective-- I should teach Daniel to do the same. He has been doing this "I'm-walking-on-a-tight-rope" walk for a couple of months now and he's not getting much faster. We'll have the boys race when we see you next... :)