Thursday, February 9, 2012

Was the Suspense Killing you???

Well here he is.......in his blogging debut! Tiny Baby #3!
He shall be known as:
August Jay B.
We debated and debated. August was my Great Grandpa's name and I have always liked it since I was younger. It also had a fun story that our family told that made him seem memorable in my mind. He owned a bar and then during Prohibition they had to shut it down and so on the mirror behind the bar he wrote up "the first of July is the end of August...." or something like that. I forget the exact story, but I always thought that was funny. Anyway. There you have it.
Okay so sorry about the complete delay of my post after the last one. I kept thinking I needed a picture before posting and then I just hadn't downloaded any and frankly we haven't taken too many. I guess that's the story of being a 3rd child! ha, ha.
I really wasn't trying to be that mysterious about his name, just getting use to having a 3rd child and a newborn and all the complexities of that in the family dynamic I guess. I'm thinking having a child in the midst of the "terrible twos" is not the best time for another baby. It's kind of hard to keep tabs on her and of course has made her a little more crazy with all the changes. Luckily we have had someone with us for the first 3 weeks and Zack's mom will be with us for 2 more weeks. Whew! Thank Goodness.

So far August has been a really good little baby. And most importantly I think our prayers and everyone else's prayers for us that he would be a good sleeper have apparently made us sound so desperate to Heavenly Father that he has blessed us with a baby who.......wait for it.............
sleeps in his own bed!!! Oh, I can't tell you what a miracle this has been for us! I seriously started praying for this from the day I found out I was pregnant and I didn't stop, and still don't since it seems like a dream that could end at any moment. Seriously every time I put him down for a nap or at night, I hold my breath and think he is just going to wake up and I'm going to have to hold him. But so far there have only been a few instances but otherwise he is sleeping in his cradle with no arms attached!! I'm not going to lie, it's sort of blowing my mind. I can't believe what it's like to have a newborn and not have to hold it for all naps and all night. It's amazing! Now if I just didn't have other kids to take care of during the naps that would be some serious nap time for me. Oh well, can't have it all!!

Oh yeah, and here were his stats at birth: He was 8 lbs. 10 oz. and 22 inches long.
So so far all the kids have been the same length but this baby was the smallest by one oz. And the delivery was the greatest out of them all. I only had to push for 10 min!! I mean of course I was in labor longer, but the actual pushing was short. So over all not too bad.
We are just grateful all went well and he is healthy and SLEEPING!!

4 comments:

Greg said...

Love the pictures! Welcome to the family Mr. August. We are so excited to meet you. I'm sure you are just thrilled that he is sleeping well - that makes such a huge difference. Keep it up!

Sarah said...

Congrats!!! Love seeing the pics and glad you finally announced his name. Geesh- I'm glad I finally messaged Zack and wasn't holding my breath! hahaha- just kidding.

I'm SUPER glad he sleeps on his own too!!!! Prayer DOES work!!!

(oh- and it sounds like a cool name story!!)

llcall said...

The suspense was killing me, until I caught Zack's facebook post. Yay for having a sleeper!!! May the force be with him to keep it up!

Andrew said...

YEAH!!! Super congrats. What a handsome boy and I love his name!!! (THis is Shiloh, but I'm longed on Andrew's gmail right now :-)