Monday, February 20, 2012

Fear Factor

See this face? Seems cute eh? And don't get me wrong, it is, but.......it is also attached to a busy body named Ruby. Today is the last day that we have someone here to help us with the new baby. Zack's mom is leaving tomorrow morning. Ahhhhhhhhhhh........................................
I'm a little afraid, okay a LOT afraid. August is 1 month old now and doing pretty good, however as we all know it takes time to take care of babies. And what would a little 2 yr. old toddler do while mom is doing all these things with new baby? Yeah, meet my own personal Fear Factor!! So far for the past month we have had people here to distract/contain her, but come tomorrow, we are on our own. I'm afraid, very afraid.
For example, this morning I was upstairs putting August down for a nap and Ruby asked Bubbie (Zack's Mom) for a glass of apple juice. Sounds innocent right? Well next thing you know she comes into the living room and says (in a proud voice) "look! I wash my hair with apple juice!"
WHY??? Why would you do that little person?!
These are the kind of shinanagins I am afraid will be happening while I am off putting the baby down for a nap. Gesh.


So sweet, yet such a trouble maker. Any suggestions anyone? I mean I have tried in the past to put on a cartoon, but you just never know with her when she will wander off and find something to get in to. How do people have more kids??? How do they keep everyone out of trouble with say 6 kids? I never had this problem with Oliver, he was happy to just watch cartoons while I messed with Ruby or he would just play quietly and be happy. This is new territory for me.
I think my new motto is going to be: You Can't Stop Her, You Can Only Hope to Contain Her!!
Of course I have to figure out how to do that! ha, ha.
Wish me luck!!! I have the feeling I'm going to need it!

4 comments:

Phillip and Maggi said...

You could always ship her to me!!! Man that is rough; I can sleep in for at least an hour while Porter sits and eats his breakfast while watching a movie. Crap I hope Lincoln isn't my "Ruby"... I guess we'll see. Good Luck!!!

llcall said...

No advice here. We ask ourselves the same questions about how people have multiple kids. But God speed!

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

well so far on day 2 of alone it's going okay. But we will see. Hopefully Ruby will adjust and we can get a routine going. Fingers crossed!
I will gladly ship her to you Maggi! (Well maybe just for a little while!:) She is pretty cute.)

Jenn said...

Glad to hear it's been going okay -- at least on day 2. Hope you'll keep us updated! The apple juice shampoo story made me lol. :)