Wednesday, February 29, 2012

6 weeks and counting




Well we made it to the 6 week mark with little August! And to celebrate I spent 2 hours at the
doctors office to get my post pardum appointment with 2 kids. F-U-N!! Okay the appointment wouldn't have taken that long, but by the time we were about to be seen by the Dr., August had been stalled long enough for eating and I couldn't really nurse him since I was wearing a hospital gown and so that would mean I would be sitting there basically naked feeding him when the Dr. came in, so I was waiting hoping I could stall and then feed him after. But he couldn't wait any longer after sitting in the room for awhile, so I busted out the bottle and started to feed him and of course like 3 min. later the Dr. finally came. Of course. So we chatted for a min. and she asked if I wanted her to just come back after she saw one other patient. So I said sure. Bah. So I finished feeding August and then we waited some more. Meanwhile little Miss Ruby was wandering around getting into everything, eating her crackers and playing with a measuring tape she found. Good times. Finally the Dr. came back and then we all got to enjoy me having my exam. Isn't being a Mom great sometimes! :( So 2 hours later and we finally left. I had planned on another errand to run while we were already out, but at that point it was just home again for us. Oh well, I guess the good thing is that it's done and we survived and thank goodness I decided to throw in a bottle just in case. That could have been SUPER awkward, not that my Dr. hasn't seen me ala naturale already, but still.
But enough about me, let's talk about my cutie 6 week old.
August isn't doing much, as most 6 week olds, but he has started to smile a little more and that is really cute. And he looks around at us and enjoys the kids talking to him. I can't say he is the perfect baby because he's not, but his cuteness makes up for a lot! ha, ha. He has become gassy and that has sort of cramped his sleeping style a little lately which is not great, but hopefully he will grow out of this fast. Fingers crossed. Poor little guy, it's sad to see them all annoyed when trying to pass gas. But otherwise he is getting bigger and he is really long- in fact I had to bust out Oliver's old 6 month sleepers because he was too tall for his 0-3 month ones! His little feet were all scrunched up. So here's to hoping that the next 6 weeks goes smoothly and that we get a bit more of a routine going....
Well at least here's to hoping!

And some Pics never hurt anyone right?



Ruby with a band aid mustache!

Oliver busting out of a pillow pile!

August zonked out!

We FINALLY got some snow this week so everyone else had fun playing and sledding down the hill in our backyard!

No comments: