Tuesday, January 18, 2011

HUGE Snow Storm!!!

This last week we had a HUGE snow storm!! It was crazy! Some parts of Craziville got up to 2 ft. of snow! 2 ft. It was basically the first really snow we have had all winter here. So it was kind of amazing to have it all dump at once. And poor Zack had to shovel A LOT of snow! Not to mention all the people he helped dig out of the snow banks. Of course he did have Oliver to help him! Oliver loved shoveling and had a great time, Zack said he actually was a pretty good helper. Zack however, had a less fun time and an aching back as a trophy! And Ruby was DYING to get out there in the snow with Dad and Oli. She just stood at the window and said their names over and over on her little stool. Pointing and crying. So sad. But it was fun to see all the beautiful whiteness out there (from my cozy view inside) and enjoy a fun snow day! We watched a movie, read some books, made some delicious scones. All in all, not to horrible in my book! Looks like today we woke up to more snow. It's still going out there, we'll see if it matches last week!
Oliver getting ready to go shovel outside. Is that a lumberjack face?
A view down our street with all the snow
Relaxing, reading some books with Dad
Our backyard covered in new snow, with some little squirrel tracks around our plants!
The post shoveling shot
And our delicious Apple and Chedder scones.......MMMMmmmm....so good. If anyone wants the recipes, let me know. (It may sound strange, but they were seriously tasty!!

7 comments:

Greg said...

That looks awesome. I like the lumberjack face. I would also like the scone recipe!

The Edwards said...

I would love the recipe! I totally agree with the inside view... cold = yuck for me. Your kiddos are darling by the way!

Jenn said...

Ohhh, that looks fun! (from afar...) Kate loves to see Oliver on here. He is so cute!! She still pines for swimming lessons -- I think because she never had closure. So sad. Are you guys going to be out here in the summer again? I can't remember.

chloe said...

Scone recipe please! (when are you guys coming to visit me in NYC???)

Sarah said...

I am so proud of you! You did it! Two weeks in a row!! haha.

Wow! Talk about a lot of snow! The city would shut down for a month here if that happened! Glad you didn't lose power or anything!

Yes- I want the recipe! :)

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

Wow! I guess if you bother to post more often, people start to actually look at your blog! ha, ha. I'll attach the recipe to the end of this post since everyone seemed interested! They were pretty yummy and pretty easy too.

Amber said...

Those look really good. I just might have to try them out one of these days...