Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Recap!




I was going to do a December/Christmas Recap, but then I started adding pictures and I had to many to do the whole month, so I just went with Christmas morning for this post. Are you catching a theme here? Shannon is trying to catch up on her blogging. It's one of my new year's goals, to blog once a week. So I thought I would kick off this week with a little catch up of what we have been up to the last few months. My parents came for Christmas which was SO much fun to have them here for 2 whole weeks. So great. The kids loved it, we loved it, I think my parents loved it! We mostly just hung out and enjoyed being together. It sort of puts a wrench in going out plans when it's super cold outside and you have one more person than will all fit in one car. So either you have to take 2 cars everywhere or one person has to stay home. Ruby offered, but we thought that was unwise! ha, ha. So we for the most part stuck around home. But had fun in the process. And I have to say it was seriously nice to stay put and have people come to you. No airport/flight with 2 kids and loads of stuff because it's winter and Christmas......sorry family, but people coming to us, we could get use to that!! ha, ha.

The kids got spoiled for Christmas from all the family, so thank you to all! Heck, so did Zack and I! So Merry Post Christmas Everyone!!
Ruby got a grocery cart that she love, and a bunch of stuffed loveys, which she LOVES!! Especially a certain Polar Bear, thanks Greg and Kris Tina!
Santa brought Oliver a little hot wheels racetrack which he thought was pretty awesome!

Polar Bear mentioned before! Front row seating on the booster seat!
Oops, didn't look at this one closer before I posted it on here, Zack and Ruby both sort of look drunk! ha, ha
My dad sporting his new ninja/winter hat!
Oliver slurping some juice from a coconut! A dream fulfilled! Oliver wrestling my mom to the ground! This happened a lot over the 2 weeks they were here! Oliver sort of likes to take you by surprise sometimes. Good thing he had Grammie to give Mom and Dad a break!! Sorry Mom. Well I hope you all had as fun a Christmas as we did!!

3 comments:

Greg said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas at home! Now you just have to ride out the rest of the cold months until spring. Just be thankful you are not putting the kids in the back of a 2-door car and driving for 2 days straight to get to Christmas. How in the world did mom and dad do that?

Sarah said...

Once a WEEK?? Hasn't it been like 6 months since you posted? Shouldn't you try small amounts at first, like once a month or something?? hahaha. just kidding. Fun Christmas! Our trees were very similar! I told Lee that it would be retired after this year. I would really like to break out all my real decor.... but we'll see. :) Yes- I agree- NOT travelling was the best. So great, in fact, that we will try to make it a point to never travel on Christmas again. :)

Amber said...

Yay for updates! I love the pillow in your Thanksgiving post and the leaves in the post after that are so pretty!! Families are fun; I definitely can see the benefits to not flying around with two children during winter time!