Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sick Torture!




Does it seem like we are always sick to anyone else? Sigh. I feel like since Ruby was born we have been in a perpetual state of sickness. It's like dominos, one of us gets sick and the rest follow one by one. Sometimes we all get sick quickly and are suffering together, sometimes it's all drawn out where one person is sick one week and then the next the next week and it becomes a month long thing. Needless to say, we are all sick right now. For some reason this time has been really hard. It's just a cold, but Ruby has been waking up at 3:30am every day for the past while. She was doing it before she got sick, I assume because she is a) getting her molars and b) she is learning to walk and c) she is learning to talk. So she had been waking up and wanting to play and talk and giggle and fuss at 3 or 4 am. This as you can imagine is not going over well with us. We tried rocking her and ignoring her and just getting up with her. None of which were great solutions. But then she got sick and it was even worse.

To give you an idea of the torture, let me run down our night:

3:30am- Wake up to hear Ruby talking away in her crib.
I go in an try to rock her.

4:30am- Still in there talking laughing fussing jumping on bed.......
I try to rock her again. No use.

5:30am- She is finally winding down. Praying she will go back to sleep.

5:45am- Hear Oliver crying because he has wet the bed. Go in change him and bed. He starts coughing.

6:00am- Stop hearing Ruby, she has gone back to sleep. Oliver is now coughing continuously.

6:20am- Zack finally gets up with Oliver and lets me finally go to sleep.

Now keep in mind that Zack and I are both sick too. So of course we feel like junk and want to sleep but can't. Good thing Zack is so nice and let me sleep in, I don't think I would have made it through the day if he hadn't. I seriously at one point just about got up and opened the window and threw both of our children out of it! FEND FOR YOUR SELVES, I"M DONE!! But then I pictured their sweet faces and had to stop myself. This is why I put some pictures of their adorable faces at the top of this post. To remind me!

*Last night Ruby finally slept all night! Felt SO good to sleep!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Yikes--that sounds awful! And I thought we were the only family who caught everything that sneezed by. Kate is coming down with something now. She is usually the one to catch stuff and pass it along. UGH. Hope you guys are better soon!

Greg said...

Maybe you just need some soothing white noise like a canyon river rushing by. Or maybe just some OJ.Hopefully everyone feels better soon!

Sarah said...

Um yeah- I'm sorry to say this- but yeah- you guys are always sick! I saw the headline on my blog and said to myself, "They are ALWAYS sick!" Then I read your post and was like- well- she realizes it too! haha! I'm sorry and hope everyone gets the rest you need to get better!

llcall said...

I'm totally feeling you on this. Addison has been sick all week and waking up every 20-45 minutes! Just kill us now. Seriously. And now Neal and I are sick; he goes around moaning, Poor Neal, and I moan, Poor Lindsay. Addison thinks we're ridiculous.

Amber said...

Aww, I sure hope that doesn't happen all that often! It sounds horrible! It's great to be a Mom, right? lol