Saturday, October 2, 2010

Walking and Preschool!


So Ruby has FINALLY started to walk a little. I say finally because by 1, Oliver was almost running. But Ruby has been more resistant to walking, she's really into the crawl I guess. So we've been in intensive training for the past little bit and she has finally started to take a few steps on her own. Mostly if you hold out some food for her to get, she will give it a go! So Ruby. That girl loves to eat!! I can't wait until she can walk! It's so hard to take her anywhere because she always wants to get down, but can't walk which means she gets filthy crawling on the dirty ground or floor. However, I'm sure I'm forgetting the new set of troubles walking brings, but for now: GO BABY GO!!


As for Oliver, he started Preschool last month and has been LOVING it! He can't get enough! In fact he is seriously angered when he finds out it's Saturday and there is no school! Ha, ha. I hope that enthusiasm lasts for years to come. His teacher is Miss Sandy and she is really creative and fun. He has informed us that "Preschool is for fun and playing, Kindergarden is for learning!" So heaven forbid that you ask him what he learned about at school. Lesson Learned. Now I ask what he got to "play" at school that day. Anyway, he is loving it and it's so adorable to watch all the kids line up in the morning with their little back packs on following their teacher and waving goodbye to their parents. So cute. And it's cute as the kids have gotten to know each other a little, after school they are all waving goodbye to each other as we all walk out to the parking lot. So fun.
One funny story about preschool that Miss Sandy told me:

Eden (a girl in Oliver's class) to Miss Sandy: Miss Sandy, can I tell you a secret?

Miss Sandy: Of course.

Eden: I think Oliver is Handsome!

Miss Sandy: I think he is too!

How funny! Of course we think he is extremely handsome, so we found this story super cute! But what can I say? We are his parents!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Hahahaha. Oliver IS very handsome, and little Eden over there better back off! :) I can't remember -- Oliver has preschool every day? Kate only has it twice a week right now. Next year she will have it three times a week. She likes preschool, but she keeps asking about swimming lessons! :)

Congrats on Ruby walking!

Greg said...

Go Ruby! So Mr. Oliver is already a ladies man . . . excellent!

llcall said...

That pic of Oliver is particularly handsome. What a cutie! I guess Kate will have to end up with Daniel if Oliver is taken :)