Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Hard at Work!!!




So Zack and I have been busy doing things around the house to get ready for a visit from his parents. We had a room in that was totally out of control because it was basically wall to wall boxes and thus was going to be a tad bit difficult for his parents to sleep in, unless they were going to sleep standing up or draped over a box. So we were in crunch time....We cleaned up the room, found homes for almost everything, patched up the holes in the closet walls with plaster (something our land lord should have done in my opinion), and generally cleaned up the place. So it was good to have the pressure since otherwise I would have probably taken a few more months to get to it all. But anyway-- these are some pics of Zack hard at work scraping some contact paper off the wooden shelves in the hutch in our kitchen and me with my domestic products!! I decided that since the corn was delicious here and I found a deal for 12 ears for a dollar, it was too good to pass up! So I bought 36 ears and prepared it for the freezer!! So now we have a bucket load of frozen corn and yesterday I made some freezer jam with raspberries that we picked with Zack's parents at a local farm here. YUM-O as Rachal Ray would say!!

3 comments:

chloe said...

Rachael Ray? Really? I don't know if we can be friends? I mean, I like her ideas...but "YUM-O"? What is that?

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

I don't know, I think I just watched her show once and she said it like a thousand times. It was just rattling around in my brain!! Don't worry, we don't even get t.v. anymore, so I think we can still be friends. By the way, you need to call me again because I think Zack erased your message from awhile back before I could call you back. Call me again, I promise to call back (or be home, one of the two!!)

Greg said...

I hope the jacuzzi gets installed by the time we get there next month. Home improvements = fun.