Saturday, October 20, 2007

At the farms!

3 or 4 weeks ago I decided we needed to get out of the city and see something else, so I thought maybe there would be some apple picking or something we could do around. Turns out that MA is chuck full of gardens, farms, and orchards to go to and many cater to families. So we picked one not to far away that sounded fun and off we went. It was beautiful and crowded!! I guess everyone else had the same idea. But you could pick your own apples, raspberries, and pumpkins, they also had a corn maze, hay rides, a playground, and a small petting zoo, oh and I can't forget the food!! Homemade apple donuts, apple cider, apple crisp.....you get the picture! So here are a few pictures from our fun there. Oliver didn't really care too much about the goats, but mostly about the wood chips and he liked watching the other kids on the playground. In the end we opted to buy some pre-picked apples only because otherwise you had to pick a whole bushel or peck of fruit and we weren't sure if we could eat all that ourselves. But the apples were delicious and there were so many varieties, I hadn't even heard of a few of them before. All in all it was a great Saturday!!

I'm not sure if this hat was a good idea or not, but I wore it anyway. It did make me easy to spot!!

The Pumpkin Tree



Deciding if he should stick with Dad, or check out the goats.


This goat gave meaning to "Billy Goat Gruff"

I think he was way more into the wood chips and what other people were feeding the goats to actually care to much about the goats themselves.



Oliver enjoying the petting zoo!

2 comments:

chloe said...

Oh my gosh...he is big! He's not a baby anymore.

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

I know, he is getting really big. I think he also looks a lot older in the picture because I had just cut his hair. That always makes him look a bit older!