Thursday, September 15, 2011

Soon to be outnumbered


Well it looks like Ruby and I will soon be officially outnumbered in our house! Come January we will be welcoming a new baby boy to our house! Boys will rule the roost! Those for toilet seats left up as apposed to those for toilet seats left down will be out voted. (Well not really, I think Mom always gets the biggest vote in this right?)
Yes that's right, for those of you who didn't know I was expecting again, well, surprise! I'm expecting again. And for those of you who I haven't told the sex of the baby yet, well, surprise, IT'S A BOY!
We just found out last week. To be completely honest, Zack and I both had a twinge of disappointment that it wasn't another girl, but that quickly passed. (Don't feel bad kid, that has happened both times with the other kids too.) Now we are excited for a new addition and a baby brother! Oliver was VERY excited it was a boy. Not really that we are having a baby in general, but that it will be a boy. I think so far having a sister hasn't seemed to cool for him. Someday, someday! (we hope.)
So now we are starting to process of name picking. Is it me or are boy names WAY harder than girl names to pick out?!
Anyway, that's our news! Wish us luck as we approach going from a family of 4 to a family of 5!

7 comments:

Greg said...

Congrats! Oliver is really going to like a little brother. I agree, boy names seem to be so much harder.

Jenn said...

Wow! Congratulations! I bet Oliver will love that. Oooh how exciting!

The Edwards said...

Congratulations! How exciting! You sure have cute kiddos!

Amber said...

Wow, I had no idea! And to think...all that time we pregnant ladies asked you, "Shannon, don't you feel a bit left out?" You weren't left out, just on a different schedule! Super congratulations! That seems really close too. And I totally disagree: girl names are harder. You gotta get that perfect blend of pretty and cute and adult and fun...boys are just boys. lol good luck! Can't wait to see some belly shots!

Sarah said...

Congrats, Congrats!! Lee said to FORGET about the name Clive. Since it was on the backburner for Oliver- there are no take backs. Once you decide not to use something, it's gone forever. hahahaha.

chloe said...

So exciting!!! I'll have to come visit after he arrives (when I have vacation time and money again...)

Shiloh Roan Jacobs said...

Yeah, yeah, YEAHHHHHHH!!! Super congrats!!! You have the cutest kids and we are so thrilled we got to see you in the SLC airport in July. So random and so cool!!