Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Personal Day

I like being a mom and I like being with my kids. Most of the time I don't miss working one bit, it's awesome to have your own schedule and not be bored sitting at some desk job somewhere where someone tells you when you can eat your lunch and for how long. However.......jobs do have their advantages at times......
Don't you just wish that sometimes as a stay-at-home mom you could just take a Personal Day? I mean when you are working at a job there are usually the sick days, the vacation days, and you get the occasional personal day as well. Once in a while I would like to cash in on ANY of these days honestly, but..... there are times when I would really like to say "Hey, I'm taking a personal day today" and do this:
instead of this:


Unfortunately stay-at-home moms don't usually get that luxury. Sigh.......that should have been written in our contracts. For now I guess a box of BonBons will have to do! ha, ha. Better yet, does anyone want to watch our kids for us while Zack and I both take a vacation like the first picture??? Wouldn't that be dreamy? Not the beach, but no kids for more than a day!!! Any takers? Just asking...... :)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I will! I will! Gosh, I wish we lived closer so we could trade babysitting!! Wouldn't that be TOO awesome??? Better yet- let's just leave the kids with Lee and Zack and WE'LL go to the beach! haha!!

Tell Zack that you need Saturday mornings off. (or whenever- my current "off day" is Thursdays) It's so wonderful and I really need it and look forward to it! Even if I'm just going to Walgreens to use all my coupons. I've come to depend on my day off!! (well, it's really just a few hours, not a whole day, but I really love it!!)

Cristin said...

I feel your pain. In our ward we started a babysitting co-op. We use points as our currency and trade babysitting so that we can take naps, go shopping, etc. It is WONDERFUL and allows the kids to have playmates. We even use it for dates.

Phillip and Maggi said...

I'm BACK! And I will take them! Anything is easier than what I just had so bring them on over and we can eat bon-bon's together. Hey, misery loves company :)

llcall said...

I want you to have a personal day too. If I weren't going crazy with this little one of my own, I would totally give you a break.

Amber said...

I only have one and sometimes I even feel that way...I knew what I was getting into, but MAN! It's so exhausting!

Hey, Maggi...welcome back! can we come too?? lol