Saturday, November 29, 2008

Turkey Day!!

Well I hope everyone had a Superb Thanksgiving!! We spent a quiet Thanksgiving at home flying solo. (Well we actually had a woman over that we barely know, one of the missionaries investigators but otherwise solo.) Besides the fact that the chicken (our turkey stand in) wasn't done in time to eat with the rest of the meal, dinner went off without a hitch. I also made my first ever pies from scratch! They were amazing if I do say so myself. So much better than store bought. I thought I would have a few tragedies to report, but the pies both turned out well. Whew! Oliver had fun helping me make the pie crust. And now we are continuing Thanksgiving weekend by enjoying all the leftovers. Family and friends, we miss you, but at least we have good food to keep us company!

The Cooks!!


The Pies! Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie with cornmeal crust and Almond Coconut Peach Pie. Oh yeah, I know you're jealous!

I have to say that I put this video on even though I'm not looking my best. But Oliver looks cute and is talking, so there you have it.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for posting that! It makes me really miss you! I always love hearing that cutie talk! I wish I could've tasted those delicious sounding pies!

Greg said...

I hope you saved me some pie, because it looks really good. Happy T-day y'all!!

llcall said...

the pies look mighty pretty, shannon! will you be here for christmas at all?

KT said...

Your pies looked amazing! I am so proud of you!