Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Adventures in Tubbing


Why is it that every time I get in the bath tub, I am always accompanied by a 2 year old that wants to poke, splash, and play ball. Can't a woman get some peace?? It's not like I don't plan for the right moment, because I do. I wait until Oliver is very into whatever he is doing, playing with his toys, running around, bouncing his ball, whatever. He will be totally engrossed and so I think, here is my chance to get in a quick bath, so I run and gather all my stuff and get in and the POOF, there he is next to the side of the tub. "What Mommy doing?" Peaceful relaxing bath officially over. Our last tubbing experience involved 2 large knitting needles. Oliver found said knitting needles and of course brought them into the bathroom where he first poked me with them for awhile, followed by putting "pins" in my hair. Hmmm.....OUCH! Then he threw some of his other tub toys in the bath with me so he could then fish them out with his new knitting chopsticks and finally it ended with us having a knitting needle sword fight. (He lost by the way.) Needless to say, my bath time is usually cut short and most days I opt for the shower instead. But for some reason I continue to test the waters as it were....maybe someday I can fly solo!! Oh well, I guess these are the moments that I will miss someday.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

LOL--seriously, this post has me laughing. I have not attempted a bath in...a long time. I usually don't get a shower in until late morning or early afternoon when Kate is napping. She used to FREAK when I would get in the shower. Luckily, she can entertain herself better now during the trying shower times, but she's still usually slumped against the door waiting for me to come out.

Loved this post. Oli is adorable!

Megan and John said...

amen, sista! i have decided that it's easier not to bathe at all... :) just kidding, kind of. daniel is now cool with me to shower, but the problem is that i have a 4-month old who needs protecting. it creates quite the predicament! :)

love to see the posts, even if i don't comment very often. i'm always checking up on you guys and can't wait until you move closer! :)

llcall said...

i know what you guys mean...everytime i try to get in the bath, neal wants to know what i'm doing. haha.

just kidding, of course; he keeps to himself. but i still enjoy the thought of a knitting needle sword-fight while bathing.

Sarah said...

I just laughed, laughed, laughed picturing the sword fight with knitting needles. hahaha