Monday, July 9, 2007

It's a Mr. Rogers kind of day in our Nieghborhood























Mister Rogers
It's you I like,
It's not the things you wear,
It's not the way you do your hair--
But it's you I like
The way you are right now,
The way down deep inside you--
Not the things that hide you,
Not your toys--
They're just beside you.

But it's you I like--
Every part of you,
Your skin, your eyes, your feelings
Whether old or new.
I hope that you'll remember
Even when you're feeling blue
That it's you I like,
It's you yourself,
It's you, it's you I like.

Don't you just love Mr. Rogers?!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I probably never told you this--but I used to dress up in a full suit (my brothers') every day when Mr. Rogers was starting. I would poke my head out my bedroom door and wait for him to enter his house and I would make my entrance. Then I would change my shoes, take off my jacket and put on a sweater--just like good ol' Mr. Rogers. Yes, you gotta love him.

chloe said...

Love it!

Cristin said...

That made me smile. Thanks.

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

Jenn I can't believe we have never talked about our shared love of Mr. Rogers before!! That is funny, you crack me up! He was a favorite at my house growing up. I don't know why, but for the last week or so that song just kept popping in my head, so I thought I would share.

Greg said...

I didn't realize how ingrained that song was in my mind until I was singing along to your post. I miss Mr. Rogers.

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

I miss him too. Ahhh, the days of yester year