Monday, May 20, 2013

Tornado Alley

I'm sure most everyone has seen on the news about the tornados that have been hitting here in Oklahoma the last 2 days.  It's been kind of scary hearing the sirens go off and watching the news and running to the shelter, but luckily our town hasn't been hit so far.  But yesterday they hit very close to us on roads we drive daily.  It's pretty scary.  But I just thought I would put it out there that we are okay and untouched besides hail at this point.  Just in case any one is worried about us out there, which I know you all are!  ha, ha.  Hopefully us newbies make it through our first tornado season without ulcers in our stomachs, it's a little nerve racking!  How do people live here their whole lives???  Crazy!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I was worried! I came here to see if you had posted anything. Glad you are okay!

llcall said...

I totally would have been worried if I had remembered that you live in Oklahoma now. So when I remembered I WAS worried! Glad you are okay! Neal grew up in Alabama, in one of the top 5 cities that has had the most tornado damage in the US. I don't think he ever got used to the terror of the whole deal. The sirens really are eerie -- I experienced that the very first week we moved to Illinois!

Sarah said...

Glad you are ok.... I guess if you are just used to tornados, you are just used to going in the shelter and pray it passes you. But of course, I've never lived in tornado alley. So I would imagine that would be scarier. :)