Monday, August 27, 2012

Changes

I feel like lately in life I am frequently saying to myself (and Zack), "This is hard, life is hard right now."  It's hard to change, to leave the familiar, to forge a new life, to find your place in the new world you are living in.  
We are missing our old life.  Our friends, our routine, our house, the familiar, the interesting places we had at our fingertips.  

It's funny, I never thought of myself as an "ocean" kind of person, I could take it or leave it.  But after living by one and actually getting a chance to visit it quiet a few times, I came to love it, just in time to realize I was really going to miss it.

Right now our whole household is sort of in a funk.  We are all dealing with our own adjustments of living in a new place, going to new schools, taking on new roles, being left behind, getting older and not wanting to, discovering.

It's hard to raise 3 little kids, it takes a lot of patience and energy amongst other things and I usually feel like we are completely failing as parents because there is an ever growing list of "what are we going to do about this? or how should we handle that?"  And truthfully, we have NO clue what we are doing.

Mix in a dose of the world as we know it completely changing after moving and you get a lot of frustrated, whiny, woe is us people.

But, we will survive, we always do.  There have been tears. ( Lots of them, not just from the kids.)  And eventually our kids will grow up and which is both sad (when they are being cute) and encouraging (when you think you can't take one more tantrum).  

So I guess we will just have to start looking at the silver lining.  
(Anyone seen a happy cloud around here?)  

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I can really feel your pain in this post. I have never moved cross country with little kids -- I can't imagine. You're my hero for doing it with THREE. You may not know what you're doing (it's comforting for me to hear this, as I feel I have no clue either), but you are raising a beautiful little family and probably creating a stronger bond as you all struggle through the transitions together.

I hope things improve (and SOON) for you all. :)