Wednesday, May 2, 2012

He's on the Rise!!

Ok, for any of you who haven't heard yet or don't get on facebook, the big news at our house is that Zack got a JOB!!!  YAHOO!!!  He passed the background check and everything!  ha, ha.  We are super excited!  He got a teaching job at St. Gregory's University in Oklahoma!
So looks like we will be moving to Oooooooo......klahoma-  Where the wind goes rushing down the plains.....
Wow, never thought I would live in Oklahoma, but hey, at this point, a job is a job and we are happy for it!  But I'm sure there are nice places there, it's just pretty hard to compete with New England and all it's beauty and history.  However, I'm pretty sure on the whole, people will be more friendly in Oklahoma, so that's a bonus.
It's pretty funny because I think we basically told our parents and then maybe one or two other people that Zack got a job and then suddenly everyone knew.  It spread around our ward like WILDFIRE!  One innocent mention of a reason to celebrate in a newsletter from Zack's advisor to the other people in their social psych group and then one random comment from one of those people from Korea on facebook and an announcement was made for us!!  ha, ha.  Ahhhh....the powers of facebook!  On Sunday we were surprised when people started coming up to us and congratulating us and asking where we were moving (because the guy in Korea didn't mention details, just said Congrats!)  And we were thinking, "What?  How the heck do you know that?"  But it all came down to facebook and then word of mouth after that.  Good times.  You have to love mormons and their love of gossip!  :)
So there you have it.  We are moving onto our next destination at the beginning of July.  Now all we have to do is figure out how to get 3 kids to not go crazy driving in a car for 3 or 4 days.  Ha, ha, should be interesting!!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I hadn't heard yet!! Congrats!!! Congrats!! I know you guys must be SOOOO excited!! I'm excited for you!!! We'll have to come visit, for sure!!!!

Phillip and Maggi said...

Ha ha ha! I'm totally one of the creepers that got it from a random facebook comment. But I love it and I'm so happy for you guys and heck you'll even be closer to us:)

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

Well I'm glad we could surprise a few people! It was a sort of anti-climatic announcement, but oh well, I guess that's us! :)

llcall said...

Congrats! I did notice a random facebook comment, but with no other info so I've been wondering where you were headed! You're going to be Okies -- alright!

Jenn said...

I missed the Facebook comment, I guess. So I'm glad you posted it here! CONGRATS!! That is great news!! Another adventure awaits! Can't wait to hear all about it! Start practicing ways to work in "fixin'" to all of your conversations. Ex: "I'm fixin' to go to the store." "I'm fixin' to give you a woopin'!" You'll fit right in! :)

Jenn said...

oops -- should be "whoopin'" -- with an 'h' -- hee hee

Amber said...

Hey, we're totally out of the loop, so super big congrats!! What part of Oklahoma?? We ALMOST went there for school, too! but you're going for a job which is so much cooler. So excited for y'all!!