Saturday, September 5, 2009

At Long Last.....

 

 

 

 
Posted by PicasaSo our little girl was born and she has been a complete doll! Such a good baby. She does have her days and nights sort of mixed up, so the nights have been a little rough, but honestly she is so much better than Oliver was that it just seems crazy to us! Zack and I keep thinking at some point she's going to turn into a nightmare baby like Oliver was with sleeping. But so far so good, hopefully it keeps up!
And most importantly, after a week of diliberation and much pier pressure we have finally named her. We decided not to go with "Sister" as Oliver voted, but instead we have named her RUBY KATHLEEN. So there you have it, a baby, a name, and actually we moved 2 days before she was born, so a new apartment as well, all within a 10 day span. It's been a busy 10 days, but wonderful too, I'm just glad my parents were here to help us!

8 comments:

Scrappy said...

So cute! Congratulations!! Naming babies is my least favorite thing to do. You chose a great one. I love it. I hope she continues to be a good baby for you. :)

KT said...

so cute! Congratulations! I can't believe you already had her! I love the name Ruby. So classy. I hope you are feeling well!

Shiloh Roan Jacobs said...

AMAZING! Congrats. Love that she is a good baby, so refreshing!! Her name is super cute. Hope we get to see you all again soon so we can meet Ruby. I bet Oliver is an awesome brother.

Sarah said...

Congrats on picking a name! Awh, little Ruby...

I've thought about calling several times but know how it is with a newborn. Plus you moved, plus your parents are there. Hope all is still going well! Glad she had a full head of hair for all those bows!! :)

SLL said...

Congratulations Zack and Shannon! She is beautiful, look at all that hair. Enjoy your new little one!

llcall said...

I'm so glad that you have a better sleeper this time around...just don't let Oliver how much better a baby she is! Years of therapy; scar him for life :) Am I remembering correctly that Kathleen is Shan's middle name? Maybe I am totally making that up. Congrats anyway!

Give Mease a chance said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful.

Cristin said...

I've been slow on getting caught up with blogs... but CONGRATS!! I love the name by the way.