Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Musical Monday!


I decided that I would start to highlight some of the music that Zack and I are listening to these days. There are so many good bands out there and so little time, so we might as well share!! I always like to hear what others are listening to and there are always so much good music to combat all the junk that the radio plays!! Zack is actually a better candidate for this since he LOVES, and I repeat LOVES music. But he is really busy and thus the blogging is left to me. But maybe I can get him to pitch in on Musical Mondays. So I think what I will do is to just list the band I am digging that particular week. I have a habit of really liking someone for a period of time and listen to them non-stop over and over and then move on to someone else when I get sick of that. It sort of drives Zack crazy, but hey, we all have our own musical styles right?! Anyway, I have been totally digging CAT POWER this week. She rocks!! We have her CD named YOU ARE FREE. I think lots of people have heard of her since she was recently on the JUNO soundtrack, but don't stop there! She is totally RAD! We stumbled upon her a long time ago, but never actually bought anything until recently, and since then I have been addicted!! Very atmospheric, sometimes soft soothing, and yet groovy at the same time. I love her! So far we only have YOU ARE FREE, but she has a lot of CDs and they all sound pretty good. I know her other albums are going to be on our music wish lists. Anyway- Give her a listen!

5 comments:

chloe said...

A) love the new look (I don't check your actual blog regularly, since I subscribe to it and read on my reader).

B) now I can be that much cooler in my musical tastes (and converse with you guys and have a clue).

Jenn said...

I just listened to some samples of the album on Amazon.com. Here's the link if anyone else is interested. http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Free-Cat-Power/dp/B00007JVBI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1206557440&sr=8-4

Love her style. Thanks for the tip! Keep the recommendations coming. We are music junkies over here, too.

Greg said...

I need to check out the CP. Maybe we should add that to the music exchange program . . .

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

Oh you should add her to you list for sure! I love her! She rocks! And Oliver and Zack love her too!

Give Mease a chance said...

I don't know what Cat Power CD we have but it is super depressing. Is that CD more happy? Do you know Josh Ritter?